*PACKHOME*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
*PACKHOME*

Welcome HOME Pack!

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) 2ntziau-4  HomeHome  Skeleton PortalSkeleton Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
WHF Rank:: STORYTELLER
Race:: Child of Fate
Auspice: Garou only: N/A

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) Empty
PostREDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog)

MY BLOG:>
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-JW563DwjfqK1QUfyknEy
http://reddpaw.wordpress.com/
BLOGGER:
http://reddpaw.blogspot.com/

GAMING CHAT ROOM:
http://xat.com/ReddpawsGamingSpace
http://xat.com/RedpawsDen

ZOOMSHARE
http://wolfheartfoundation.zoomshare.com/
http://reddpaw.zoomshare.com/

GAMESITES I LIKE:
http://www.wizard101.com
http://www.Perfectworldinternational.com
http://en.dinorpg.com/?ref=mtfriends;refid=5085

Unofficial Affiliate Forum Site
http://madmeeper.forumotion.com/index.htm

VALUABLE DUPLICATE FILE REMOVAL TOOL
http://www.duplicate-files.info/?gclid=CMzanKKr_JsCFQJ2xgodSAGnTA

heylo, this is an idea. instead of using offsite blogs.
who knows, it might be liked more than offsite blogs.

I am not sure how everyone will feel about this, but it is a thought.

The idea is that everyone would get their own thread and be able to post whatever in it.
And of course anyone other than the owner is a comment.
Its a shoutbox! its a blog! its whatever you wish it to be!!

MY SCHEDULE:
M-F: Work 0700 to 1430.  (7 am to 2:30pm)
Saturday: Family Day  
Sun: open for resheduling.
anyway let me know.
REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) Koolhelm-1

Last edited by REDDPAW on 2nd March 2017, 12:50; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) :: Comments

Cordelia
Re: REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog)
Post 30th April 2009, 01:55 by Cordelia
I see no problems with this idea. This way we can keep things here on site w/o having to worry w/links or other things.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
REDDPAW
Post 30th April 2009, 07:33 by REDDPAW
and it opens up the link spot for some other site we may want to place there, like myspace or whatever.
whisperin_willow
Post 30th April 2009, 10:54 by whisperin_willow
hey,
i'm for that
when do we start

REDDPAW
Post 30th April 2009, 15:45 by REDDPAW
Anytime you like, Willow. just start a thread here.

And that goes for anyone that wants there very own thread. ")

Just start one in the Shoutbox section of pack.

Lets do it and have a great time.

This way it opens up the www button on our profiles for something else.
REDDPAW
Post 20th May 2009, 15:50 by REDDPAW
Remembering my Grandfather
My grandfather (mom side) was what you might call a tinkerer.
He was ALWAYS working in his workshop, like an overgrown Gnome tinkering on a secret invention.

He made for me, many years ago, a minibike.
It had SOLID wheels and was just my size. Gods! that thing hurt my butt.
I rode it all the time as mom freaked out in the background. ")

Have you ever seen the Star Trek toy phasers that shoot an infrared light at a reflector back to the gun and it makes a noise??? My grandfather invented that.
unfortunately he did not patent the process...

I remember eating Limburger cheese with him and drinking beer when i was young sitting on his lap, just me and grandpa.. ")

His turtle soup was awesome!

I remember a time when i rode my bicycle at Grandma and Grandpas place in KY.
They lived on a hill (imagine that, hills in KY) and i rode my bike down the hill to the drive and took the right. Well, grandpa was closing the garage door, foiling my plan to ride right into the garage and park. So I yelled to grandpa, "Stop Grandpa, I park in there." So I approached the garage full bore with maximum speed. When I applied the brake it did not work!! (the pedal was in wrong position). And over the very steep hill to the backyard I went!!

I heard, "Hold on Redd, dont let go, ride it boy". All the adults where yelling for me to hold on. My butt bouncing of that damn rear fender. I missed the walnut tree in the back..barely. and managed to stop abot 4 feet from the barbed wire fence. After i stopped and they knew that I was ok, I heard a burst of laughter from all the adults. I was so pissed off at them!! I just stomped off.

Grandpa served in WW2 in the Army. I have info on his medals somewhere on this pc.
He lived in Liverpool England, and moved to the states.

Toward the end of his life, he suffered severe sight problems, nearly to point of actual blindness, and yet he still had the skill to repair a tv set.!!!!
Granted, it wasnt quite right, but it did function.

He was a very special man.
And I loved him dearly. Still do. And miss him.
I regret that he has never met his grandchildren, and more importantly, they meet him.

When he passed away, I did not go to his funeral. I believe that funerals are for the living to let go and heal.
Besides, I wanted to remember my Grandfather The Inventer, with his smiling face in his shop, doing what he loved to do....TINKER.
And to this day, that is how I see him.

Peace and Love,
Redd

I found my Grandfathers Military history...

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) GrandpaMIlHistory

REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) GrandpaMilHistory2

Last edited by ReddpaW on 29th May 2009, 22:26; edited 1 time in total
3angel9
Post 20th May 2009, 16:53 by 3angel9
That's pretty cool Red.
REDDPAW
Post 20th May 2009, 20:19 by REDDPAW
3angel9 wrote:
That's pretty cool Red.

thank you
whisperin_willow
Post 21st May 2009, 10:56 by whisperin_willow
a wonderful testament to your grandfather, & to all our military
REDDPAW
Post 23rd May 2009, 08:52 by REDDPAW
I have some VERY BAD NEWS.

I have always loved bats, they are a beautiful and needed creature in the night. They help control the Mosquito menace by eating them every nite... among other things.

And now they are in extreme danger of extinction!!

the disease is called White Nose Syndrome, and its mortality rate among bats is a whopping 95%.

Here is a link for more data.
http://www.batcon.org/
dark_scythe
Post 23rd May 2009, 20:39 by dark_scythe
oh my goodness
how awful
REDDPAW
Post 24th May 2009, 15:26 by REDDPAW
An act of Heroism is not facing your enemies in battle, it is facing the Truth.

The Truth takes no prisoners.

Last edited by ReddpaW on 24th May 2009, 15:55; edited 1 time in total
REDDPAW
Post 24th May 2009, 15:27 by REDDPAW
"You cannot have a proud and chivalrous spirit if your conduct is mean and paltry,
for whatever a mans actions are, so must be his spirit".
Demosthenes C:344-322 BCE
REDDPAW
Post 24th May 2009, 21:26 by REDDPAW
WHEN ANGELS FLY
REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) WFHBlackhawk.jpeg
Above is an example of Wolf Heart Foundation's Black Hawks. I have this in a camo color which is wrong as all the black hawks are a base black in color but I lost so much detail that I had to go with camo.

Click on the link below for mood music, and read the story.
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/16426040843

This is an excerpt from the Hallowell Diaries. An on going RPG game that Redd ran & I am fortunate enough to play in.

“Alright folks, listen up. The time mages say the attack will be today. The weather is chancy at best so keep in contact. I want no friendly fire today. Is that understood?” A chorus of “yes ma'am“ resound across the wooded bawn of the Cairn. The tall lean blonde smiles, her eyes alight at the disciplined troops taking up positions. The whoop-whoop of the Black Hawk’s blades provides a breeze which snares several of her blonde hairs sending them whipping across her face. She pulls on the matching spandex hood to capture those errant hairs & keep them from flying into her eyes at the wrong moment.

Now just a sleek figure in black she turns to take her place in the helicopter behind her. “Angel, wait Angel.
I have something for you” Stitch waves something back & forth making sure to catch her attention. She turns back to him, “Hurry up, Stitch. It’s almost time to go”. Bending close to be heard over the noise of the chopper Stitch yells “Sorry, but I had to get the magic’s right. Now listen, these gloves & boots will allow you purchase but remember once you attach you won’t be able to let go.” She takes the items quickly & with a salute of two fingers mounts up into the helicopter with Stitch on her heels.

A voice sounds from the cockpit “Make sure everyone back there is in their harness, I don’t want to be cleaning your blood off my bird.” “Copy that pilot, everyone in harness” replies the blonde. As the helicopter lifts she makes sure to put on the gear Stitch gave her and standing near the door, waves to Alpha One’s shrinking figure below. The gloves & foot gear work just as Stitch said even to the point of not having to worry over much with Pilot’s normal take offs.

Chopper pilot’s all have their own style but Pilot’s betrays his military history in Nam.
Once airborne she gets the mental link from the Akashic Brother’s telepathic feed. “Angel we’re all here & our troops are in position & ready”, Pen answers to the unspoken order. “Poet says the bogies are on schedule but there’s a change, 3 choppers & not 2 as we originally thought. Looks like the Technocracy want this place real bad.” Angel sighs, “Great”. Suddenly computer block text appears in front of her. She reads the suspended words & her grim mood deepens. “Angel, these are Arc 2’s not the Arc 1’s we thought. These are much, much harder. From the data I’m getting from Coffee, they’re also very expensive; looks like this is gonna be one heck of a fight.” “Thanks, God.” Pen will get the word out.

Any word on what the Techs ground troops are sizing up to be? More computer text appears “According to the Mages there appears to be no change”. “Well at least we have some good news then” she thinks to herself. She turns to Pen but before she can say anything Pen reassures her that Poet is watching. “Poet wants me to tell you that he won’t let you be a squashed bug”. “Thanks, Pen. You know it can be eerie having you read my thoughts all the time but I guess, I can’t complain, it’s effective.” Pilot’s thoughts broadcast clearly through the link & with just as much emotion as God’s computer text. “Angel we’re in position. It’s going to be a rough ride. I’ll get you into a good position but it won’t hold for more than a few seconds in a dog fight. Be ready.” Smiling grimly the blonde thinks back “Just get me there, Pilot. I’ll take care of the Arc’s. Let’s show them what happens when an Angel flies.” She feels an answering flicker of a smile through the link. Pen’s broadcast cuts through the by play between Pilot & the blonde. “Our other Black Hawk is in position & the mages state it should be a great platform for their magic’s.”

Computer text appears again. “Here they come out of the North East quadrant coming fast.” The sound of gun fire cuts through the whoop of the Black hawk’s blades. The force shields hold but fine beads of sweat start dripping down the face of the on board forces mage. “Hold on folks, we’re taking fire” and with that thought the Hawk cuts at an impossible angle as Pilot shows the Techies how real flying is done. As the Hawk comes about and the image of the 1st of the Arc 2’s comes into view. With one smooth motion the blonde draws the Katana held out to her & disappears. "Angel Away", Stitch calls through the link.
The chopper banks hard to aid those not as skilled or armored.

And like a bolt of light from the Heavens she is there on the nose of the Arc 2. Her feet touch down on the sloping nose of the Arc 2. Crouching she drives the blade deep into the nose until the hilt is within inches of the outer skin and with a swift right to left yank she scrambles the avionics of the craft. She looks through the windshield of the craft & notes that there is no pilot in the seat. Startled she stares for an instant surprised to see no answering look of surprise then glancing away she disappears. She appears in the sky without the wings of her namesake, and freefalls toward the blur of trees below. Through the link she hears “Angel, I got your back. I’m drawing them off.”

She watches as the 2nd of the Arc 2’s fires. This time though the shielding doesn’t hold & big holes perferate the skin of the Black Hawk. A mage hits the deck of Beta Bird. All members in the Mental link feel the pain.
“Negative Beta, bring it around toward me. I’ll get in & take them out. You can’t take another hit like that.” Beta comes about but with none of the finesse seen in the Alpha copter. Beta weaves & twists trying desperately to make itself a harder target. Mageblood spills inside the chopper. Boomer groaning slightly, yells "I'm ok!, I'm ok!"

The Arc 2 opens up again & out of the blue, Alpha is there dancing between the two taking the fire of her sistership, and returning fire of its own. Bullets ricochet off the shielding of Alpha’s hull buying Beta more lead time. Then just as suddenly Alpha is gone with the third Arc in hot pursuit. Through the link the small black figure gets the count down. 5,4,3,2, now!! And she’s gone like a mirage from the eyes of a thirsty man and just as suddenly appears on the nose of the second Arc. She thrusts the katana almost to the hilt once more into the nose of the Arc. Using the same maneuver that took out its companion she guts the avionics of the 2nd craft, and then in a blink she is gone. She soars in free fall once more looking for her next target. The last Arc opens up on Alpha. The shielding fails & the hawk is peppered w/bullets. She feels pilot struck through the link, his leg and chest hit. He fights off the Frenzy and struggles to focus. The wounds begin healing as he finally gets it together. “I’m almost out of vitae Pilot, but if you bring the Arc close then I can get him.”

Then suddenly, there is an explosion. Angel is flung off course, blinded & deafened now she can’t detect the last Arc. She plummets towards the ground, heartsick to have lost friends. Having no idea how long she’s fallen or where she is at, she spreads her arms & legs in a futile attempt to slow her descent. She feels the wind of a helicopter all about her and then the solid bump of metal touches her face and she reacts quickly. Latching onto the surface she gains purchase & prepares to take this Arc with her. Raising the sword for the final strike, she snarls “then I’ll take you with me.” Pilots’ voice cuts through her fog. “Angel, Angel, I’m a friendly. You’ve landed on Alpha.” “Pilot, where’s the Arc?” “Angel stand down, Boomer & Poet took it out.” We’re clear. The last Arc is destroyed.”

“What’s the status of the ground troops.” She thinks back. The quiet voice of Pilot flows back down the link “Alpha 1 has them mopping up now.” Dropping to her knees on the nose of the hawk, she sighs and latches on with her left hand. She lays her head against the windshield of the cockpit. Sensing something is amiss Pilot opens up his own link to the limp figure on his windshield. “Angel, what’s wrong”. A soft voice replies, “I’m cold pilot." "Angel, then port inside. It's warm in here." "I can't pilot. I have to see to port and the explosion over loaded my Auspex. I can't see anything and I'm deaf as well." "Angel hang on I'll get you down". She chuckles wearily, "pilot, I can't let go. Looks like I'm a bug after all." Pilot feels the link weaken as Angel starts to pass out from the extreme cold.

"Mayday, Mayday, this is Pilot.I have a medical emergency. Angel is in distress from the cold & can't come inside. I need Coffee ready when I land" The last thing Angel remembers is laying her face against the cold glass of the cockpit before oblivion embraces her.
---
The above story is told by Cori, my Wife.
I think she did a fabulous job.
Redd

Last edited by ReddpaW on 25th May 2009, 13:57; edited 4 times in total
whisperin_willow
Post 25th May 2009, 10:15 by whisperin_willow
wonderful job
REDDPAW
Post 25th May 2009, 14:00 by REDDPAW
thanks, i took it from that other site. It deseves to be here at home.
DarkMaidenn
Post 25th May 2009, 17:24 by DarkMaidenn
Red? Could you please put your schedule for me in regular times?
I have a hard time figuring these things out...
I don't understand military time.

Nice blog btw
REDDPAW
Post 25th May 2009, 20:50 by REDDPAW
DarkMaidenn wrote:
Red? Could you please put your schedule for me in regular times?
I have a hard time figuring these things out...
I don't understand military time.

Nice blog btw

no prob maidenn.

I added the modification on the top blog.
REDDPAW
Post 29th May 2009, 22:22 by REDDPAW
Animal Cruelty from a Christian Youth Group!
As many of my friends know, I work for McDonald's. A youth group called Young Life of Johnson City stops in and hangs out for a bit where I work.

I work mornings and they stop in the eve.

the other day I heard about a heinous act by some of their youth.

They were conducting a scavenger hunt, and one of the items was "roadkill".
So apparently, they found a cat that had been hit and while it was still living,,, beat it to death on the pavement using its tail as the handle to grip it with.

I have a picture of the poor animal but did not post it, (for obvious reasons).

I am at a quandary as to what action to take.
They have been banned from that location until further notice.
But holy shizit!!!!!
thats just nutz from a christian youth group at that!!!!!!

Peace and Love,
Redd
REDDPAW
Post 29th May 2009, 22:27 by REDDPAW
HOLDING_HANDS.wmv (3991KB)

Well, here it is. could not get it on threads...
Enjoy...

HOLDING_HANDS.wmv (3991KB)

http://www.theroadblog.com/?p=285
REDDPAW
Post 29th May 2009, 22:30 by REDDPAW
Walls By Chok Redpaw
Originally Written: Sunday, November 04, 2001

Walls

By Chok Redpaw

Many men charged the walls and died at the hands of the defenders. Aye, they charged through the shallow water, though it chilled them to the bone. The attackers even swam the mote, to no avail. Some froze in the chilling water, others just drowned under the weight of their armor, overconfident that they “were strong and could do it”. I told them to discard their armor if they were to take that route...

The young never listen...

I remember... I remember when the few bowmen at the parapets stopped them. I remember when they swarmed over the walls and died upon them...

Many men charged the walls and died, leaving friends... families.

They died because they believed in something. They had a dream...

A dream to survive, to conquer.

Many centuries of war, and plague swarmed over these walls. The spirits of the dead litter it’s interior like blood in a goblet.

Here is their story...

I watched as my men charged the walls of the monster known as The Marauder, the first wave to soften the lines. I watched them get slaughtered by the defenders on the walls. It remained this way for two of the waves I sent forth. All dead... All two hundred of them.

The third wave finally made purchase on the walls edge only to be slain as they got an arm over the stones. I decided to send both the forth and fifth waves together. Should have done so earlier.

I led the last charge, hoping against hope that we would prevail. I rallied my men and we charged the walls, our horses dieing underneath us. The archers had finally been eliminated.

We continued our charge as we closed to the walls using the corpses of our fallen comrades as an entrance ramp.

We finally made it inside the castle. Odd, perhaps our intelligence reports were incorrect. Perhaps He is not here...

Looking back, I remember thinking we were duped, that it was all a wasted effort. Wasted blood.

The interior defenders were not so stalwart as those outside. We took the castle and started searching. Those of us who remained.

Where was He? My remaining men filled the castle and searched all the rooms. We then started searching the floors below. Watching the hallway as my men continued the search, I spied something in the corner of my eye...HIM!!! It was Him. He was upon us before we could react. Like a blinding windstorm of blades and teeth. It is true. The rumors are true, He is a Berserker. I tried to act, tried to issue commands to my men, they fell on deaf ears, for death had come for them. He slew 60 of my men in the halls, spraying the walls with their blood, and drinking the excess. His bastard sword drank much blood before he finally threw it down and charged us with his bear hands, nay...not hands, talons. His hands were talons. His nails were so large as to appear as talons. And just as effective. I thought my armor would protect me; I was mistaken, caught in my own moment of overconfidence. He found a weakness in the armor and tore my head off...

Many men have died amongst these walls, I know because I was there. I am now one of many spirits that fill these walls with our essence, our bodies long dead and gone. There were other battles, but all I could do is watch... for a while.

That is another story, one for another time...
REDDPAW
Post 29th May 2009, 22:33 by REDDPAW
A Question of Love
This I wrote to my wife, although I was unaware it was for her at the time. It was more than 5 years ago, nearly 8.

I was in Love with her and running from it...

A QUESTION OF LOVE
by Chok Redpaw

Do I love you?
Does the moon love the sun?
Do I love you?
Does the dew love the morn?
Do I love you?
Does the bark love the tree?

Nay...I say nay,
I love thee not as much as they,
But more than the rose loves the thorn,
That protects it from harm.
I love thee as the night loves the day,
As the ocean loves the bay.
I love thee as the moth loves the flame.

There are other roses in the garden,
But none so bright a shine and color,
As the one I love tonight.
There can be only one rose,
To brighten my night.
That rose is your dear,
You grace my sight.

Redpaw
REDDPAW
Post 30th May 2009, 02:35 by REDDPAW
REDDPAWS SHOUTBOX (very 1st blog) Star50